Sunday, August 7, 2011

REDDLIPSTICK CONTEST WINNER: ASIA LEATHERS

Get to know Asia! The second of the two winners of The Reddlipstick Contest. Read&Indulge for her winning contest entry, and little known facts about her! (Like her secret obsession, her biggest accomplishment, and little known talent)!


I see you have redlipstick on in your picture and in the mirror. What kind is it?
In that picture its actually a gloss by ulta . It didn’t have a name, it was just something I had in this big make up box someone got me for Christmas lol .

What is your MUST HAVE accessory?
My must have accessory are earrings. It doesn’t matter if they’re studs or hoops, vintage clip-ons or whatever-  I swear for some odd reason I look totally different without them ; oh and I don’t know if a cell phone is considered an accessory but my iphone goes wherever I go – that includes and is not limited to the bathroom and the kitchen lol .

What’s the top priority: Hair, Clothes, Makeup, or Shoes?
Ummm ok I tried to pick just one but it’s a huge toss up between hair and makeup just because you can throw on a white v-neck and some distressed bleached skinnys and some bad platforms any day and rock the hell out of it [if your confident enough lol ],  ; but id say the hair comes before the make up. If my hair isn’t right I wont step out the house lol and honestly I could go without the full blown make up application but I absolutely will n o t step outside without mascara and eyeliner, just because my eyes are kind of tiny so I need a little something to make it look like im not under the influence of any substance [cough cough lol]

What’s one thing a lot of people don’t know about you but you don’t mind sharing?
Im addicted to weave lol I swear weave is the shit ; its like the best thing ever created lol . Oh yeah and I have this secret obsession with playing NBA 2k11 but only on the Xbox and I don’t play on PRO lol Im not that advanced and last but not least I cant cook – I mean I can read directions and prepare lol but as far as throwing down in the kitchen – n o t e v e n !

What was your biggest accomplishment up to date?
My biggest accomplishment up to date would be becoming apart of the best sorority on earth: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated [Oooo-oop to all my beautiful Sorors owt there ] That was like super big to me and especially for my mom too since she’s a Delta as well .

What is your talent?
Ok so secretively I can bust a note or two lol but I don’t really tell many people that, only a select few have heard ; idk why I don’t say anything about it lol – I just don’t . I’m more of the humble type when it comes to singing just because at the end of it all , I’ve always realized that it’s a talent and a gift from god but that doesn’t mean just because I was blessed with it that Im Obligated to be a singer. For instance take this new trend that’s out now where everybody that can spit a few lines that rhyme wanna be wiz khalifa and every girl who takes that “mirror pose” for  facebook or their twitter avi wants to be tyra banks; that’s not how I am – I guess you could just call it a “lowkey” hobby for me. Lol yea that’ll work.

What do you want to do career wise?
Actually and in all honesty Im not sure.  Ive gone from wanting to be and do so many things that ive lost track but I blame it on the field of mass communications lol because really this major is so broad that it gives you so many options and career paths but ultimately I came into college interested in broadcasting; being on television , BIG LIGHTS AND BIG CAMERAS [ I mean come on , who wouldn’t lol ] but now im in complete love with public relations and digital design ; so by the time I graduate who knows what I’ll wanna do lol.

How do you describe your personality?
My personality is a bit on the extroverted side lol. I’m the sweetest person in the world I’d say but not so sweet to where you’ll have the chance to run over me. Lol I speak my mind and I’m very honest and sometimes I’m a bit too honest ; so im starting to work on that a little bit  just because my mom keeps telling me that its nothing wrong with expressing how you feel , its just always an appropriate time and a place to do so – and it took me a while to understand where she was coming from with that statement but all in all that is very true ; so I’m trying to place a handle on that – [somewhere down the lines of my future : but not right now lol ]

You used to video blog. Are you going to start again?
I probably will. I haven’t thought about that too much lately; ive actually been leaning toward an actual blog site and I may video blog once a month as an entry or something but back then when I video blogged I was really just doing it with no idea that id be kind of good at it; it was really just a way to vent lol , which ultimately came with what I don’t wanna  necessarily  call consequences lol but rather “unexpected side effects” lol. My “venting” became a bit of an issue with people “running and telling that “  to so and so and making assumptions and what not smh lol but now that I know how that works , I really could give a damn lol – why would I silence myself because people wanna run their mouths ?!; people are gonna talk regardless – might as well give ‘em something to talk about lol . So yeah I’d definitely think about starting that up again.

The Reddlipstick Blog is a blog based on bold feminity. How do you embrace that?
Um by embracing my bold ass sense of feminity lol , I pretty much do whatever it is that I want. I do what I want so that at the end of the day when I rest my head on my pillow at night, I have no regrets. I follow my feelings and my female intuition. So that means that if I want a 12 inch weave next week im  gonna do it . If I want another piercing or a tattoo ; im gonna do It , If I wanna go spend the last of my pay check at Victoria’s Secret then I’m gonna do it lol and by all means don’t get it twisted with being selfish because that’s not the case at all ; I just make sure that when its all said and done I can sit back and say, “ not only am I content “ but “ I’m Happy “ and real shit alot of people cant say that at the end of it all, especially most females because their too busy trying to make other people happy and live and build themselves into an image that every one else may accept them for , but not I , while others are tryna find acceptance ; im thinking about my next buy lol . muah_*
  Stay Tuned for more chances and contests to enter and get interviewed! 
XOXO

1 comment: