Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear JK Rowling

JK Rowling,

Ever since I was as young as the age of 8 I was intrigued by your books; I noticed the extreme developement and raw talent in the writing, and I wanted to one day write books and evoke emotion JUST LIKE THAT. To see your books turn into a visual experience must be



AMAZING, to see your words come out of your own imagination, to someone else's, into the big screen is crazy. To think that an idea you came up with in coffee houses and trains, inspired so many people around the world and given so many people opportunity..such as the cast and crew of the Motion Picture.. is breathtaking.

I had mixed emotions about seeing the last Harry Potter movie; it was something that I have kept up with for so long, and for me to be a junior in college watching the 8th movie left me feeling satisfied but also empty at the same time. But I have to remember that these are movies, and books. Something that I can always go back to and hope to someday share with my own children.

I feel as if you have a different appreciation of the movies if you were an avid reader of the books. I just have to wonder HOW do you keep up with the multiple story lines, big and small through out the whole series? From the development of characters such as Ron and Hermione's relationship..who knew that the two 11 year olds from the Sorcerer's Stone would end up being the object of the other's affection? Or that Neville Longbottom would finally gather up courage? Or that Snape turned out to be, well, NOT evil? And the reasoning? How do you remember where they started?

Coming from a writer, a reader, and a fan of you and of Harry Potter, I would just like to say THANK YOU for providing the world with such an experience, getting children and adults alike excited about reading, and inspiring aspiring writers like myself. Reading Harry Potter was truly an experience in itself!

Sincerely Yours,
India
The Reddlipstick Blogger


HARRY POTTER FANS: Check out my post on Cliche' Magazine of the London Premiere of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 HERE

No comments: