Monday, February 13, 2012

REDD's RANDOMS: The 54th Annual Grammy Awards

How did you feel about it? READ&INDULGE at the random thoughts that past through my head at the Grammy's last night, plus photo's and a complete list of performers.













-LOVED how LL COOL J started the whole show off with a prayer! *Cues Applause*






-Congratulations to Adele for racking up 6 Grammy's last night! *Cues More Applause* normally I would rant about this, but she deserves it. She's soulful and amazing. Even though I would have LOVED to see Katy Perry win for Firework but hey! & did you see that performance, fresh off of vocal chord surgery? WOW!




-Chris Brown, I'm a huge fan and all BUT not feeling the new single yet! When did we switch from R&B to Dance here? Considering that you did win for Best R&B Album! IDK! But of course, you continued to woo females everywhere (including myself) with your dancing skills.


-So how do we feel about Rihanna's Blonde Hair/Black Lipstick? Typical Rihanna! I love the "We Found Love" record however, so carry on.


-NICKI MINAJ.. umm..what was that? I actually had to watch your performance through covered eyes! Can you say scary?? A far cry from "Massive Attack" Nicki. An even farther cry from "Beam Me Up Scotty" Nicki? Maybe a re-invention here? IDK, but it's only room for one Lady Gaga!
-JENNIFER HUDSON.. You did absolutely amazing. I could see the emotion as she sung her way through "And I Will Always Love You." Not too much, not too little. GREAT.


-Loved Carrie Underwood's dress!
-Coldplay>>
-The Beach Boys sounded EXACTLY like they did on their record! I loved that. & Maroon 5 nailed the tribute!
-Katy Perry definitely seems as though she lost a little of her sugar and added a little spice since her performance if you get my drift?


All in all, past Grammy Awards more slightly more entertaining in my opinion. I found myself drifting off into thought during a lot of it. & alot of the performances could have been a lot better! Yikes! But, you do have to remember that this is the Grammy's. Not the VMA's where anything can and will happen for the simple fact that it's live TV. But the Grammy's had the chance to prove that you don't need all of the Glitz and Ridiculousness to have a great live music awards. & well.. they fell short! :S
I hate to be so mean! Signing off.. XOXO

No comments: