Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Don't See Anything Wrong With Marrying Early.

With celebrities like 19 year old Miley Cyrus just announcing her engagement to 22 year old actor Liam Hemsworth and 19 year old singer Tiffany Evans, announcing that not only was she married since she was 17, but is also expecting, you can cue the elders saying that they are too young to get married, they don't know want their doing, they need to experience life, blahze', blahze', blahze.
I don't see anything wrong with two people wanting to get married early.
My question to you is, why does it seem like people want you to do everything in the world, and THEN get married?
People treat marriage as if it's the beginning of the school year after a long, fun summer vacation.
I'm just gonna hit a few key-points.
Mind you, no I am not married and don't have any immediate plans to. This is just my opinion.



--You can't say "you need to establish your career before you get married" in regards to somebody like Miley Cyrus. Her net-worth is $54 Million. Even if she doesn't ever work again, I'm pretty sure she has enough money in the bank to take care of herself. So does her finacee'.And even if she didn't.. okay I GUESS I could see why you wouldn't want two struggling 20-year-olds getting married. But it's like people want other people to reach the PINNACLE of their career before they get married. It shouldn't ever be a PINNACLE of your career in the first place, you should always keep striving. As long as you both are in a place where you can pursue your career's together.. then I don't see whats wrong here.

--"You need to experience other options before you settle down." This is already a problem with culture. Are you telling me to hook up with a whole bunch of other guys that are probably going to be wrong for me for me to know that I want to get married? To end up marrying the same guy, but now with some skeletons in my closet? That doesn't make any sense. It takes some people a shorter amount of time to know what they want. This also goes for the "You don't even know what you really want yet." line.

--"Take time to learn yourself.. and travel." It's forbidden to travel with your husband? Oh.

--"Enjoy Your Youth." Everybody is not interested in the clubs, drinking until they pass out, and acting foolish for a long period of time. Some people just mature faster than others.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. It's a 50% percent chance that I'm so wrong right now. Who knows if Miley or Tiffany will even stay married [although, I DO wish the very best for both of them!] But I do know a couple of people who married young, and they are doing great.. I couldn't imagine them at any other stage in life right now. It's different for everyone. Love has no age.


If you are look at a lot of your grandparents, great-grandparents they probably married really young. Please don't give me that "Times are different." theory either. It's bogus.


No, you aren't the same person you are at 20 as you will be at 30, but some people do have the will power to grow together. 


Once people stop treating marriage as the end of the road and look at is as a new beginning, then maybe we wouldn't have so many people scared to commit, or so many single parent households out here. If you have the maturity level, the love, and the will to stay together in your early 20s, go for it. We applaud you



XOXO

2 comments:

India A. Hill said...

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great blog. I have been married for 20 years. I got married at 19 my husband was 21. We had only known each other for 3 months. Our parents said we were crazy. I felt like I had known him my whole life after 2 weeks. We have grown up together so to speak and have been through some rough times but never once did we ever consider divorce. People throw in the towel way to easily today, like a marriage shouldn't be work. It is work and hard work no one always agrees about everything and sometimes you have to agree to disagree and let that be ok. It is also a lot of give and take and it seems most people today are to selfish to do the give when it is their turn. A mariage requires a lot of knowing when a comprimise on your part is needed. Anyway that is my marriage advice for today if anyone is interested LOL!! To keep things spicey in the bedroom please check out WWW.XTCTOOLS.COM