Monday, December 12, 2011

Drake "Take Care" Samples

Drake's Sophomore Album Take Care, is a complete a masterpiece in my opinion. Not only lyrically, but the beats produced were crazy. Alot of the samples were used in such a creative way that I had to blog about it; we can thank Noah "40" Shebib for these. Some of these samples may surprise you:



Cameras- Sample: Calling On You- Jon.B


Look What You've Done- Sample: "If U scared, say U scared" Playa


Practice- Sample: Back That A** Up - Juvenille


Over My Dead Body"-Sample: "Sailin Da South" DJ. Screw *Sample used at 4:19 on Over My Dead Body, Beginning of Sailin Da South*


Shot 4 Me-Sample: "Anything" SWV *at 2:38 on Shot for Me and 3:02 on Anything. Listen closely!*


Take Care-Sample: "I'll Take Care of You" Gil Scott-Hereon *I feel as though this sample really speaks for itself..*


Underground Kingz-Sample: "Farmers Pleasure" Jah Cure *I couldn't identify this sample! Can any readers help me out?*


5 comments:

India A. Hill said...

Which sample do you think was used the best?

Anonymous said...

He's so clever when it comes to sampling songs. Songs that you wouldn't think could be sampled, it takes it and make it something incredible. I respect his artistry.

Anonymous said...

i wonder if the "Farmers Pleasure" sample in "Underground Kings" is just the song sped up. the entire song with a faster tempo .. I'm not sure either though.

I-75 Beats said...

40 is a genius The way these songs were sampled is incredible, and it makes me think, what made him think of thees songs when he was laying the beat down like how do you get that from that and then it blends perfectly together, that's so raw foreal thank you for blogging this and doing your research

Anonymous said...

1:53 of Underground kings, sample is in the chorus over and over again.