Monday, December 10, 2012

NEW POST: What's in my Curlkit? [UNBOXING]

Hey Reddlipstick Readers! I got my CurlKit Today! This is my first one and I'm excited! I started to do a video of the unboxing for you guys, but my transitioning is getting harder and harder these days and I was looking a tad bit wild! But I will do videos of the separate products for you guys.

Read&Indulge as we find out: What's in my Curlkit?





A Curlkit, if you don't know, is a subscription based website where you pay $20 a month for a box stocked with plenty of healthy natural hair products (sulfate free shampoos, conditioners, curly puddings, etc) every month; you never know what you're going to get in it your box until it comes!

I tried to order one last month but the November ones were sold out. Luckily, I subscribed in time for the Holiday Kit! They were shipped out yesterday and mine arrived at my house this evening.

The KIT: It usually comes in a silver box with the Curlkit logo written over the center, but this time it was a ribbon with "Happy Holidays from Curlkit" written on the tag.\
It also came with a cute green flower headband.

Publications: CurlLife, the Curlkit Magazine, featured a letter from the Editor, interviews, reviews, and how-to hairstyles!
**Also included were business cards from Curlkit as well as a Curlkit Rewards Program Card
UR Curly and ILY (Two brands featured in the Curlkit) brochures







SAMPLES: 
UR CURLY Tight Curl Enhancer
UR CURLY Loose Curl Enhancer
-Both Alcohol, Paraben, Silicone, and Sulfate free
--Will definitely be trying both of these, even though I would probably use the tight curl enhancer more. The consistency of the Tight Curl Enhancer was thicker, and I love hair products without a lot of slip.
III Sisters of Nature Natural Curling Gelo (Comparable to Kinky Curly): I hear a lot of good things about Kinky Curly, so I'm excited about this. I'll probably use it to attempt my Bantu-Knot Out again (Wish Me Luck)
ILY Desire-Moisturizer: This sample is small, but it's thick. It's free of everything I can't pronounce: Parabens, Phtalates, Propylene Gycol, as well as Mineral Oil, or Synthetic Fragrance.








THE BIG STUFF- FULL SIZED PRODUCTS:
The Holiday CurlKit has 3 full sized products, and it's supposed to be a big deal. I'm excited to try these out:

Nice and Curly Curl Me UP Curly Pudding: I'm SO excited for this. It literally smells like Orange Sherbet. This is a great size and the consistency is so thick! Yes! The first ingredient is Shea Butter so that's already a good sign.
Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils: Knot on my Watch: (Sulfate, Paraben, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum Free) Instant Detangling Therapy: WHERE was this last month when my hair was literally coming out in knots because it was so tangled? Definitely using this the next time I wash my hair.



True Crazy Sexy Cool Curls Curling Souffle: I'm unsure about this one. The consistency is similar to setting lotion, kind of watery for my tastes. But, you never know. Will try it nonetheless.






Some of these products I may wait until I BC to try, but I'm glad I subscribed to Curlkit so I can rack on products in the meantime. This subscription is good for product junkies or beginners who don't want to spend all their time wandering the aisles of the Beauty Supply Stores. I give this whole concept 5outof5 reddlips!

What would you like to see in a Curlkit? Would you subscribe?

Xoxo!

www.curlkit.com




1 comment:

CatFX said...

I've never heard of the curlkit, until I encountered your blog. Now I'm telling all my friends about it. Thanks:)

www.beautycatt.blogspot.com